The medical cannabis dispensary Sweetspot opened the 29th New Jersey medical cannabis dispensary in Voorhees in Camden County.
They are a Multi-State Operator (MSO) in four states, including New Jersey, with one dispensary in each state. Their other dispensaries are in Maryland, Maine, and Rhode Island. Their headquarters is in Rhode Island.
The opening of Sweetspot was announced by the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission (NJCRC) at their meeting last week.
The company won its medical cannabis dispensary license last December as the “Law Offices of Juliana Diaz.” According to their award letter from the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission, they are based in New York. It was addressed to Jason Webski. He is the CEO of Sweetspot.
Thus, they are the first company awarded a medical cannabis dispensary license to open from the disastrous medical cannabis lottery that took 29 months to end.
Their website emphasizes their background in science and good environmental practices. Their menu is up on where they have products from other companies like the non-New Jersey-based MSO dispensaries MPX and Verano.
New Jersey’s Medical Cannabis Dispensaries, Including Sweetspot
The list of New Jersey’s medical cannabis dispensary locations is as follows:
- Sweetspot (an MSO) in Voorhees
- Breakwater in Roselle
- Breakwater in Cranbury.
- Harmony in Secaucus.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO) in Fort Lee
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO) in Rochelle Park.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO) in Lodi.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO) in Maplewood.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO.) in Phillipsburg.
- Justice Grown (an MSO) in Ewing.
- MPX NJ (owned by iAnthus, an MSO) in Atlantic City.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO) in Bloomfield.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paramus.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Bordentown Twp.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Bellmawr.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Edgewater Park.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO) in Deptford.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO) in Vineland.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO) in Lawrence Twp.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Neptune Twp.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO) in Williamstown.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City.
- Ayr Wellness (an MSO, formerly Garden State Dispensary) in Woodbridge.
- Ayr Wellness in Union Township.
- Ayr Wellness in Eatontown.
Thus, we still have only two companies with medical cannabis dispensaries operating in New Jersey that are based in New Jersey. Moreover, the price of medical cannabis is so high the NJCRC had a whole section of their meeting last week dedicated to an investigation of the issue.