The Multi-State Operator (MSO) Ascend Wellness announced the opening of its medical cannabis dispensary in Rochelle Park, NJ in Bergen County, the 18th location in New Jersey. The opening marks the second Ascend Wellness location in New Jersey after they took over the Greenleaf dispensary in Montclair.
The Ascend Wellness dispensary has already begun accepting patients. The store is designed to accommodate high traffic, provide multiple customer touchpoints, and offer patients express service through streamlined online ordering and in-store pickup. They also employ 65 people which should speed things up as well and ideally provide good customer service. Located at 174 Route-17 N, the dispensary might benefit from being on a highway.
It will offer patients access to a wide selection of high-quality products across flower, pre-rolls, vapes, edibles, and topicals.
“We are thrilled to open Ascend Rochelle Park and remain committed to meeting patients’ needs through an elevated patient journey,” said Chris Melillo, an Ascend executive.
“Built to complete the customer purchase process quickly and at scale, our new location will help meet the rising demand for affordable, safe medical cannabis products in New Jersey. We are grateful for the support of Deputy Mayor Gail Artola and Rochelle Park residents in the opening of our dispensary,” Melillo added.
Their new location in Rochelle Park is selling an 1/8 of an ounce for $40 to $60 before taxes, making it competitive with street cannabis (marijuana). They’re selling cannabis from Verano and TerrAscend, which are other vertical cannabis companies with dispensaries in New Jersey. Most dispensary cannabis is currently far more expensive than street cannabis and lower quality.
The current dispensaries operating in New Jersey are:
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states) in Rochelle Park
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO in 4 states) in Maplewood
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend) in Phillipsburg
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO in 9 states) in Neptune
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO 4 in states) in Williamstown
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO in 5 states) in Paramus
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson
- Columbia Care (an MSO in 13 states) in Vineland
- Breakwater in Cranbury
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Bellmawr
- Harmony in Secaucus
- Garden State Dispensary (GSD), owned by Ayr Wellness, an MSO in 6 states) in Woodbridge
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Union Township
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Eatontown
Ascend Wellness is a vertically integrated operator with assets and partners in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Massachusetts, and New Jersey. They own and operate cultivation facilities, growing award-winning strains and producing a curated selection of products. Ascend produces and distributes Ozone branded products.