Curaleaf has opened its first satellite location and the 20th medical dispensary location in New Jersey in Edgewater Park in Burlington County today.
It was a soft opening. The Grand Opening with a ribbon-cutting is tomorrow.
The new medical dispensary is located at 4237 US-130 Edgewater Park, New Jersey 08010. Their primary location is in Bellmawr, NJ in Camden County. Their second satellite will open in Bordentown Township in Burlington County later this year.
They are offering a one-time-only discount of 20 percent off on a patient’s first purchase at Curaleaf Edgewater Park through July 8th.
Curaleaf wholesales its cannabis products to many of the other dispensaries in New Jersey. Most patients and experts consider it over-priced for the quality of the product sold. In fact, they wholesaled cannabis with mold, which only Heady NJ reported, to another dispensary that had to be recalled by the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH).
They are a Multi-State Operator (MSO) with 95 dispensaries in 15 states. They have followed a pattern of aggressively buying smaller companies. Along with New Jersey, they have locations in Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Illinois, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine.
The Current New Jersey Medical Dispensary Locations
The following is the list of the now 20 medical dispensary locations in New Jersey:
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Edgewater Park.
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Bellmawr.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO in 10 states) in Lawrence Twp.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Neptune Twp.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states) in Rochelle Park.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO in 4 states) in Maplewood.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend) in Phillipsburg.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO 4 in states) in Williamstown.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO in 5 states) in Paramus.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson.
- Columbia Care (an MSO in 12 states and DC) in Vineland.
- Breakwater in Cranbury.
- Harmony in Secaucus.
- Garden State Dispensary (GSD), owned by Ayr Wellness, an MSO in 6 states) in Woodbridge.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Union Township.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Eatontown.
Four to five more medical dispensary locations will likely open by the end of the year as the current 12 cannabis license holders open their primary locations and two satellites.
While 20 still is not a lot of dispensaries for New Jersey’s 9 million residents and approximately 111,000 patients, it is 15 more than when Governor Phil Murphy (D) first took office.
The medical dispensaries will be able to sell adult-use cannabis when the market opens at some point next year, likely in the spring.
Once the 2019 cannabis license winners are finally announced and the CRC issues more licenses, there will likely be several times more cannabis dispensaries.