The Multi-State Operator (MSO) cannabis corporation Curaleaf has opened the 22nd New Jersey medical cannabis dispensary in Bordentown Township in Burlington County.
It is a 9,546 square foot dispensary located at 191 Route 130 on the Northbound side.
“We look forward to forging new patient connections in Bordentown, generating new economic opportunities, and delivering exceptional retail experiences as this market continues to mature,” said Curaleaf Northeast Regional President Patrik Jonsson.
Curaleaf’s Latest New Jersey Medical Cannabis Dispensary
Beginning August 25th, Curaleaf’s Bordentown New Jersey medical cannabis dispensary will offer goody bags to their first 500 patients and a 20 percent discount on first purchases during their first two weeks of business.
It is the company’s 109th dispensary nationwide. It will be the second satellite of their Bellmawr facility. They opened their first satellite in Edgewater Park earlier this year.
They have sought to increase their cultivation yield at their cultivation center in Winslow Township in Camden County to stock the newly opened New Jersey medical cannabis dispensary.
Through their latest expansion, the company believes they will hire 200 people.
Eager to Cash in on the Green Rush
Curaleaf is very eager to open up its New Jersey medical cannabis dispensaries to adult-use customers.
“Curaleaf’s strategic expansion in New Jersey will allow the Company to serve both the existing medical market and the forthcoming adult-use market, which could launch as early as the end of this year,” their press release said.
They further noted that “all three of Curaleaf’s New Jersey dispensaries are strategically positioned near the New York and Pennsylvania borders, allowing the Company to better serve the growing East Coast adult-use market.”
However, their dispensaries in Bellmawr and Edgewater, and Burlington are only near the Pennsylvania border.
While Bordentown Twp. will allow a New Jersey medical cannabis dispensary, they banned adult-use cannabis businesses.
It should be noted that any tourist who subsequently takes their state-legal cannabis across the border is breaking the law even if they are traveling to a state where adult-use cannabis is legal. However, it is a difficult law to enforce.
Curaleaf noted they will donate $5,000 to Habitat for Humanity of Burlington & Mercer Counties and have committed to volunteering to help build homes in the area.
The following is the current list of New Jersey medical cannabis dispensaries:
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Bordentown Twp.
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Bellmawr.
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Edgewater Park.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO in 12 and DC) in Deptford.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO in 12 states and DC) in Vineland.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO in 10 states) in Lawrence Twp.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Neptune Twp.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states) in Rochelle Park.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO in 4 states) in Maplewood.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend) in Phillipsburg.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO 4 in states) in Williamstown.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO in 5 states) in Paramus.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson.
- Garden State Dispensary (GSD), owned by Ayr Wellness, an MSO in 6 states) in Woodbridge.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Union Township.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Eatontown.
- Breakwater in Cranbury.
- Harmony in Secaucus.
(The photo above is a Curaleaf dispensary in Newburgh, NY)