Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a newbie it’s important to understand the different measurements used when buying cannabis.
In this guide, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive breakdown of the most common weed measurements and prices, as well as tips on how to get the best deal for your money.
From grams to ounces to pounds, it can be overwhelming to understand exactly how much you’re getting. We’re going to break down some of the most common measurements in cannabis and help you understand what to expect when buying from a weed dispensary in New Jersey.
Understanding Weed Measurements
When it comes to buying legal cannabis in New Jersey, it’s important to understand the different measurements used at dispensaries.
The most common measurements include:
- Gram (g): A gram is the smallest measurement of weed and is typically used for personal use. It’s equivalent to about one small bud.
- Eighth (1/8): An eighth is 3.5 grams of weed and is a common measurement for personal use. It’s also known as a “slice” or a “half-quarter.”
- Quarter (1/4): A quarter is 7 grams of weed and is a common measurement for personal use. It’s also known as a “quad” or a “quarter-ounce.”
- Half-ounce (1/2): A half-ounce is 14 grams of weed and is a common measurement for sharing with friends. It’s also known as a “half” or a “half-quarter.”
- Ounce (oz): An ounce is 28 grams of weed and is a common measurement for larger purchases. It’s also known as a “zip” or a “whole.”
Understanding Weed Prices
How much does weed cost in New Jersey?
Weed prices can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, such as the quality of the weed, where you live, and the time of year. However, there are some general price ranges that you can expect to pay.
- Gram (g): On average, a gram of weed can cost anywhere from $10 to $25.
- Eighth (1/8): An eighth of weed can cost anywhere from $30 to $65, depending on the quality.
- Quarter (1/4): A quarter of weed can cost anywhere from $40 to $120, depending on the quality.
- Half-ounce (1/2): A half-ounce of weed can cost anywhere from $800 to $225, depending on the quality.
- Ounce (oz): An ounce of weed can cost anywhere from $200 to $450, depending on the quality.
Getting the Best Deal for Your Money
If you want to get the best deal for your money, there are a few things you can do. First, make sure you’re buying from a reputable source.
Look for reviews online and ask around to see if anyone you know has had a good experience with a particular seller. Check Heady NJ’s finder to check reviews.
Second, consider buying in bulk. Often, the more you buy, the cheaper the price per gram will be. However, make sure you can handle the amount you’re buying and that you won’t be wasting any weed.
Finally, be willing to negotiate. If you’re buying from a dispensary or a dealer, don’t be afraid to ask for a better price. They may be willing to give you a discount if you’re a regular customer or if you’re buying a large amount.
We hope this guide has provided you with a better understanding of weed measurements and prices. Remember, always buy from a reputable source, consider buying in bulk, and be willing to negotiate for the best deal. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to make informed purchases and enjoy your weed without breaking the bank.
List Of Common Weed Measurements You Must Know
- 1g – Gram aka a “G”
- 3.5 grams = Eighth (1/8 oz)
- 7 grams = Quarter (1/4 oz)
- 14g = Half Ounce aka half – zip (1/2 oz)
- 28g = Ounce aka Zip (1 oz)
- 112g’s = Quarter Pound aka QP
- 16oz = Pound (16 oz) aka Elbow