The Multi-State Operator (MSO) vertically integrated out-of-state cannabis corporation Ascend opened New Jersey’s 27th medical cannabis dispensary in Fort Lee, NJ, in Bergen County.
They are located at 461-469 West State Street in Fort Lee. It opened on Friday.
Fort Lee is across from New York City via the George Washington Bridge. Thus, they are likely to get many adult-use customers.
Technically it is a crime to cross back into New York City with New Jersey-bought adult-use cannabis, but nobody is enforcing that.
The location has been delayed opening for some time. They will likely start selling adult-use cannabis soon.
“Our Fort Lee location has been built to accommodate increasing demand and efficiently serve all customers with the ability to scale for adult-use this fall. The Ascend team is grateful for the support of the New Jersey cannabis community and looks forward to welcoming patients from Fort Lee and beyond,” said Frank Perullo, President and Co-Founder of Ascend Wellness Holdings.
The place has 29 registers to accommodate the anticipated demand.
Currently, Ascend’s cheapest flower is $55 plus tax for an eighth of an ounce.
Ascend has two other locations in Montclair and Rochelle Park. They have other locations in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
They are headquartered in New York City.
New Jersey’s Medical Cannabis Dispensaries Including Ascend
The list of New Jersey’s medical cannabis locations is as follows:
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO) in Fort Lee
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO) in Rochelle Park.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend Corp., an MSO) in Lodi.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend Corp., an MSO) in Maplewood.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend Corp.) in Phillipsburg.
- Justice Grown (an MSO) in Ewing.
- MPX NJ (owned by iAnthus, an MSO) in Atlantic City.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO) in Bloomfield.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paramus.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Bordentown Twp.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Bellmawr.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Edgewater Park.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO) in Deptford.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO) in Vineland.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO) in Lawrence Twp.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Neptune Twp.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO) in Williamstown.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City.
- Garden State Dispensary (GSD) (owned by Ayr Wellness, an MSO) in Woodbridge.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Union Township.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Eatontown.
- Breakwater in Cranbury.
- Harmony in Secaucus.
Breakwater and Harmony remain the only two medical cannabis companies operating in New Jersey owned by locals.