MPX NJ/iAnthus has finally opened the 24th New Jersey medical cannabis dispensary in Atlantic City after first receiving its vertically integrated license in 2018.
Their medical cannabis dispensary is located at 157 S. New York Avenue in Atlantic City.
They officially opened last Thursday, according to an Instagram post. MPX NJ reported selling Verano Zen Leaf, TerrAscend’s Kind Tree, and Curaleaf medical cannabis products
MPX NJ was one of the six companies first licensed in the 2018 medical cannabis round of Requests for Applications (RFA). Justice Grown, which is supposed to be based in Ewing outside Trenton in Mercer County, remains the only company that has not opened its first location.
Melted Pot Xtracts (MPX) was initially awarded as a woman-owned company led by cannabis entrepreneur Beth Stavola. However, she sold her company to iAnthus. They proceeded to marginalize which proceeded to marginalize her to such a degree that the issue went to court. Stavola’s sister Julie Winter was also edged out.
MPX NJ’s first medical cannabis dispensary has been in preparation to open for some time. MPX NJ first received permission to grow medical cannabis as a vertically integrated company in February 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic hit the United States.
iAnthus, a publicly-traded Multi-State Operator (MSO) cannabis corporation, first purchased MPX NJ in 2018, while the NJCRC only finally approved the deal in January.
They are planning satellite locations.
The list of New Jersey’s medical cannabis locations is as follows:
- MPX NJ (owned by iAnthus, an MSO) in Atlantic City.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO) in Bloomfield.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paramus.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Bordentown Twp.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Bellmawr.
- Curaleaf (an MSO) in Edgewater Park.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO) in Deptford.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO) in Vineland.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO in 10 states) in Lawrence Twp.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Neptune Twp.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO) in Rochelle Park.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO in 4 states) in Maplewood.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend) in Phillipsburg.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO 4 in states) in Williamstown.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City.
- Garden State Dispensary (GSD) owned by Ayr Wellness, an MSO in Woodbridge.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Union Township.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Eatontown.
- Breakwater in Cranbury.
- Harmony in Secaucus.