Green Thumb Industries (GTI) Rise announced they are opening New Jersey’s 23rd dispensary location in Bloomfield tomorrow.
The Bloomfield dispensary will be the third location GTI, a large cannabis corporation or Multi-State Operator (MSO) in New Jersey, after their main location in Paterson and a satellite in Paramus.
Rise Bloomfield will be located at 26-48 Bloomfield Ave. in Bloomfield, which is in Essex County. Their hours will be Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Profits from the first day of sales will be donated to the Bloomfield Youth Aid Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to providing services to Bloomfield youth, including scholarship funds, toy drives, and summer youth programs.
“We are excited to open Rise Bloomfield, our third store in New Jersey, as we continue to see sweeping acceptance for cannabis throughout the nation and specifically the East Coast,” said Green Thumb Founder and CEO Ben Kovler. “Community is at the core of Green Thumb, and with each new store opening, we have the opportunity to make a positive community impact.”
“Bloomfield Youth Aid Foundation is honored to receive first-day proceeds from the opening of Rise Bloomfield. Donations like these allow our organization to provide services to even more community members,” said George Ricci, President of Bloomfield Youth Aid Foundation.
Amid great opposition, Rise and its employees have spent a lot of time advocating for Paterson to allow adult-use cannabis so they can sell it at their dispensary in town.
Green Thumb Industries’ Operations
Green Thumb Industries entered the New Jersey market in 2018 when it won a vertical medical cannabis license. They operate a manufacturing facility in Paterson that produces and distributes its products, Rythm flower, and vapes. Green Thumb Industries is one of the 12 vertically licensed cannabis companies in New Jersey, 10 of which are operating at least one location.
Green Thumb Industries manufactures and distributes a range of cannabis products including Beboe, Dogwalkers, Dr. Solomon’s, Incredibles, Rythm, and the Feel Collection.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Green Thumb has 16 manufacturing facilities, 114 licensed dispensary locations operating in 14 states across the country. Established in 2014, they employ over 3,000 people.
New Jersey’s Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
The following is a list of current New Jersey’s medical cannabis dispensaries:
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries, an MSO in 14 states) in Bloomfield.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paramus.
- Rise (owned by Green Thumb Industries) in Paterson.
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Bordentown Twp.
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Bellmawr.
- Curaleaf (an MSO in 15 states) in Edgewater Park.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO in 12 states and DC) in Deptford.
- The Cannabist (owned by Columbia Care, an MSO in 12 states and DC) in Vineland.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano, an MSO in 10 states) in Lawrence Twp.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Elizabeth.
- Zen Leaf (owned by Verano) in Neptune Twp.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states) in Rochelle Park.
- Ascend Wellness (an MSO in 5 states, formerly Greenleaf) in Montclair.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend, an MSO in 4 states) in Maplewood.
- Apothecarium (owned by TerrAscend) in Phillipsburg.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings, an MSO 4 in states) in Williamstown.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Egg Harbor.
- The Botanist (owned by Acreage Holdings) in Atlantic City.
- Garden State Dispensary (GSD), owned by Ayr Wellness, an MSO in 6 states) in Woodbridge.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Union Township.
- GSD (owned by Ayr Wellness) in Eatontown.
- Breakwater in Cranbury.
- Harmony in Secaucus.