- This event has passed.
National Cannabis Festival – Washington D.C.
April 21, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm$35
National Cannabis Festival
What time is the festival open to the public?
Gates open 12PM with a strict curfew of 8PM.
Where can I get tickets? Can I buy tickets at the gates?
You must be 21+ with valid government issued identification to attend National Cannabis Festival. You can buy VIP Memberships while supplies last (hurry, they will definitely sell out). You can buy Early-Bird General Admission tickets online for a discounted price of $35 from January 1 until April 1, 2018. After April 1, General Admission tickets will be $42 online. Tickets will be available on the day of the festival for $50 while supplies last. ATMs will be on-site for cash purchases and can be found at the box office, bar, and vendor areas. Ticket purchases are non-refundable.
How do we get there? Is parking available?
The RFK Stadium Festival Grounds are located in Lot 7, the field adjacent to Oklahoma Ave NE. Parking is available for $20 (cash only) in Lot 6. Find maps, location, and parking directions on the Location page. We encourage car-pools and public transportation.
What if it rains?
We’re watching the weather closely to make adjustments as needed. Ponchos and collapsible umbrellas are permitted. Rain or shine, we will be dancing!
Is re-entry allowed?
What items are prohibited at the festival?
The following items are prohibited inside the festival.
- No metal, plastic, and/or glass containers of ANY kind
- No backpacks or large bags over 14″x 14″
- No large flags, banners, or totems
- No poles or staffs (sorry wizardry folks!)
- No weapons of any kind, including nunchucks or magical wands (see previous bullet)
- No outside food and beverages. (Don’t worry, we’ll have free water and plenty of food and drink options inside
- No coolers or containers of any size
- No professional cameras with detachable zoom lenses and/or tripods
- No video cameras
- No animals, mythical or otherwise (with the exception of service animals)
- No fireworks, whistles, laser pointers, adhesive stickers, air horns, vuvuzelas, kites, missile/projectile-like objects, frisbee or inflated balls, confetti, streamers, drones, open flames, or torches of any kind
- No bad vibes or fighting of any kind
- No lions, tigers, or bears… oh, my!
What can we bring?
The following items are permitted.
- Collapsible lawn chairs, blankets, yoga mats, and seating cushions
- Slack-line hammocks (no business hammocks, only leisure!)
- EMPTY plastic water containers and/or camel backs (a free water station will be available on site)
- Backpacks/bags smaller than 14″ x 14″
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, ponchos, collapsible umbrellas
- Costumes encouraged!
- Inflatable flotation devices (Hey you… You with the inflatable cannabis leaf! Today is your day, man. Make us proud!)
I purchased a VIP Membership, but haven’t received any info. What gives?
VIP information should have been emailed to the email address you used to purchase your tickets. Be sure to check your spam folder. If you need to update this information, please send proof of purchase to email@example.com and we will get you sorted!
WEED LIKE YOU TO KNOW THE LAW
Is the festival on private or public land?
RFK Stadium Grounds is public land and the festival is held on public land. All DC marijuana laws apply.
Will there be weed for sale?
Outside of medical dispensaries, it is illegal to buy or sell marijuana in DC. There will be dispensaries on site. You are allowed to sign up to become a member and inquire about their services.
Can we smoke weed at the festival?
What about edibles?
No outside food or drink is allowed in the venue, regardless of the THC content.
Can we bring our pipes, bongs, rigs, rolling papers and one-hitters?
DC law permits you to possess marijuana-related drug paraphernalia in public. However, please leave glass apparatuses, flame torches, or other large smoking devices at home. They will not be allowed in the venue for safety reasons.
What is the deal with police at the festival?
As a safety requirement, Metro Police Department (MPD) and private security will be on-site.
WEED LIKE YOU TO BE SAFE
Will there be first aid on-site?
Definitely. Paramedics will be on-site at the medical tent located at the front gates and next to the main stage. If you are unable to reach the medical tent, find a security or staff member for assistance.
I’m allergic and/or on a strict diet for medical reasons. Can I bring my own food to the site?
Our Munchie Zone will have a variety of options for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free diets. For special conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work on a solution to accommodate your needs.
Will there be drinking fountains? And/or how much is water?
FREE drinking water is available and listed on the festival map. Bottled water and cups will be available for sale at the bar and merch area. Stay hydrated!