- This event has passed.
Medical Cannabis Symposium: Intersection of Clinical Practice & Science
December 18 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
2019 Medical Cannabis Symposium
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Registration: 8:00am | Conference: 9:00am to 4:00pm
The Palace at Somerset Park, Somerset, NJ
The 2019 Medical Cannabis Symposium will explore current evidence-based science as it relates to medical cannabis and implications for clinical research, regulation, and medical practice. Physicians, scientists, pharmacists, nurses, and industry professionals are invited to attend.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Explain the physiology of the endogenous cannabinoid system, including the mechanisms of action and pharmacology of endogenous and exogenous cannabinoids.
- Describe the impact of cannabis use on cognitive function.
- Describe the impact of cannabis use as it relates to mental health.
- Explore the potential role of cannabis as a medical therapy for management of pain, opioid use disorder, and other medical conditions.
- Identify the public health impact of recreational and medical cannabis programs.
- Recognize on-going work of local clinicians and researchers working in the medical cannabis space.
This CE-certified activity is jointly provided by Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
and the New Jersey Department of Health.