It’s important to store cannabis properly. Here are some tips on the best ways to store it.
Proper storage and safekeeping are essential to keep your cannabis fresh and potent.
Whether you’re using cannabis for medicinal or adult-use purposes, it’s important to keep it stored in the right environment and conditions. Preventing your cannabis from degrading and losing its effectiveness will allow maximum effectiveness of your herb.
By following proper storage techniques, you can ensure that your cannabis stays fresh and ready to use whenever you need it.
How should you keep your cannabis stored for fresh keeping?
1. Airtight containers: Cannabis should be stored in an airtight container. Use a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid to prevent moisture and light from entering the container. Wide-mouth Mason jars are a good choice.
2. Cool, dry environment: Cannabis should be stored in a cool, dry place, such as a pantry or closet. Proper storage will prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Avoid storing it near heat sources or in direct sunlight. Some people prefer to keep cannabis in a refrigerator or freezer. Keep in mind this could affect its freshness, smell, and flavor over time. For a better result, try a storage box like this from J. Liberty.
3. Avoid touching the bud: Don’t touch the buds directly with your hands. The oils from your skin can degrade the plant and reduce its potency. One thing you can do is try a clean tool, such as a tweezer, to handle the buds. Over time the buds may begin to break apart from your handling, too, and not be as fresh.
4. Optimal humidity: Cannabis should be stored at a relative humidity (RH) level of about 60%. This is the optimal level for preserving its potency and flavor.
5. Use a hygrometer: To maintain the proper humidity level in your storage environment. Use a hygrometer to measure the RH and make changes as needed. Try this hygrometer from Amazon.
How to Keep Cannabis Fresh
6. Keep it away from other strong odors: Cannabis can absorb odors from its surroundings. So be sure to keep it away from strong-smelling substances, such as bleach or other household chemicals.
7. Handle carefully: Handle your cannabis carefully to prevent damaging the buds and reducing its potency. Therefore, you will want to avoid squeezing or crushing the buds when handling them.
8. Proper labeling: Label your cannabis jars. Identify the strain, date, and any other important, relevant information to help you keep track of your cannabis and its freshness. Many brands come with labels already on the jar. You can track and update the status as you use and use your cannabis. Use a proper label to identify the strain and the date.
9. Keep it out of reach: Keep your cannabis out of reach of children and pets. You want to prevent accidental ingestion or mishandling.
10. Minimize the Smell: Use an air-tight jar, or use a smell-proof bag. Try a smell-proof bag from Revelry.